I participated in this class awhile ago. Nonetheless, I wanted to share with you how exciting it was!
In 2006, my new hubby and I traveled to France for our honeymoon. France has always been on the top of my bucket list and we had the most wonderful time traveling throughout the county over two and a half weeks. My most favorite thing from France are…French Macroons! Whenever I find macaroons, I ALWAYS over indulge because they are so incredibly delicious.
My local Sur La Tab (the Carlsbad location) hosts several French macaroon classes throughout the year and I just had to sign up. I’ve never actually attempted to make my own macaroons so this was going to be interesting. My macaroon class was on a Sunday afternoon and Sur la Tab typically has classes every day of the week. You can register online or in the store.
Here’s my experience with Sur La Tab Cooking Class:
- I LOVED it! Can I say that again? LOVED!
- I paid $69 for a 2-hour class. Although, I brought home almost 3 dozen macaroons! Not including the ones I ate in the class! FYI…Macaroons are generally $2 or more a piece!
- Everyone in the class bakes and works hands-on with the ingredients.
- At the end of class you receive a 10% off coupon for ANYTHING in the store including sale merchandise. The coupon is also valid for one week.
- The ingredients were already pre-measured. I think this is the most difficult part that occurs in “real life” and the students should have the opportunity to be coached through this tedious process. Macaroons are extremely delicate and one wrong measurement…your doomed!
- Unless you have all of the cooking equipment at home it may be difficult to recreate the macaroons at home.
Overall, I would like to take more classes at Sur La Table. It is a great way to spend time on a date with a loved one or get a bunch of friends together for an evening out. This is a great gift for someone who likes (or doesn’t like) to cook and learn something new!
For more information on cooking classes visit http://www.surlatable.com Bon Appetit!